“Great Leaders Are Made, Not Born” – Vince Lombardi
Employees are looking to YOU as their manager/leader to solve problems, guide them through change, and grow their careers. They’re looking to YOU to inspire confidence while facilitating teamwork and collaboration.
Your role is crucial and very demanding. To be a successful leader in today’s workplace you must bring the right set of skills and attitudes to engage, retain, and achieve results through your team.
Continuous learning and leadership development are important for all professionals, but especially for those in the earlier stages of their career development. The MBC Leadership Seminar curriculum draws upon the most respected academic research about what it takes to develop into effective leaders in organizations where a high premium is placed on Diversity and Inclusion as a strategic business imperative.
This popular series is a four-day, multi-module series focused on practical skills and tools that Executives, Managers, Coordinators, Supervisors, Team Leaders, and Lead People need to succeed in today’s complex business environment. Skill building is accomplished through a combination of lecture, exercises, role playing, games, assessments, and skill checks. The series also provides an excellent opportunity for existing managers to review, renew, and reinforce leadership skills.
Gain the tools, strategies, and confidence you need to take control of your leadership style and become the leader that brings productivity and results.
Key takeaways from the series includes:
- How to develop self-awareness that enhances your leadership skills
- Techniques for building a high-performing workplace culture and high-quality relationships
- Create an action plan that taps the power of high-quality work relationships
- Distinguish yourself as a leader with strategies that reduce collaborative overload
- Enhanced communication skills that decrease conflict and improve productivity and revenues
- How to influence without authority and effectively use your network to generate trust, purpose, and energy at work
- Higher productivity
- Better teamwork
- Improved alignment throughout the organization
- Seriously improved leadership skills
- Authentic leadership
Leadership Competencies to be Gained:
- Solves problems
- Manages Progress Towards Goals
- Facilitates Change
- Works Cooperatively
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Honesty and Integrity
- Communicates Effectively
- Fosters Employee Engagement
- Fosters Teamwork and Collaboration
Who Should Attend
- Both new and established Executives, Managers, Coordinators, Supervisors, Team Leaders, and Lead People
- All people in leadership roles looking to grow their leadership skills and make a bigger impact at work
- Leaders that are motivated to succeed and aspire to higher positions with increasing visibility and responsibility
- Endorsed by his/her company to participate in the MBC Leadership Seminar
October 2, 2019
Leader Self-Awareness: Growing Your Leadership Skills, Increase Impact and Performance
Self-awareness is one of the most essential interpersonal skills for effective leadership, even more important than IQ. Most workplaces, however, are not set up to help leaders practice and develop self-awareness. This workshop will offer you an assessment and a consultation with Mosaic Business Consulting to review your results after the workshop. Learn your leadership style, the strengths you have as a leader, and areas that you might benefit from assistance. Through this process, you will be able to become a stronger leader faster.
Session to include:
- Your Leadership Style
- Your Leadership Skills
- The SWOT Leader in You
- Building Emotional Intelligence
Learn how to:
- Develop insights about your thinking and leadership style, as well as your behavioral traits. These insights can help you understand how to work more effectively with:
- Members of your team
- Your manager and other senior leaders in order to improve their perceptions of you
- Colleagues across the organization so that you can execute more easily
- Understand how others perceive you and identify areas where you can have more productive and effective impact on the colleagues most important to your success.
- Avoid the 5 leadership pitfalls and become a stronger leader – learn some key leadership skills that will make your team(s) completely respect you
- Gain awareness of the strengths of your approach and skills, and then learn the areas you can focus on to become an even stronger leader
- Build your emotional intelligence skills so you can really help your team(s) and gain more support from the Board or Executives and move ahead faster
- Feel more focused, grounded, and relaxed in your role
- Learn to recognize the potential in others
October 16, 2019
Increasing Efficiency and Maximizing Effectiveness for High Performance
Have you ever felt overwhelmed, struggled to meet deadlines, or felt unorganized? Have you had trouble keeping your team on track to meet deadlines? Has their work product been less than stellar? Maybe you have found that it’s been difficult to make important decisions in a timely fashion.
Leaders who demonstrate certain principles create an environment where employees are motivated, not forced, to bring their best to work. High-quality leaders strategically align organizational objectives with individual development goals so that both roads lead to breakthrough performance.
The MBC training helps transform managers focused on tactics, to leaders dedicated to communicating, implementing, and supporting the strategic vision. Through this process, managers will morph into leaders who inspire, energize, and innovate to meet tomorrow’s challenges.
Session to include:
- Maximizing Effectiveness for High Performance
- You and Your Team’s Effective Time Management
- Improving Your Decision-Making Abilities
Learn how to:
- Focus on what matters, so that you spend your time doing the things that have the most impact with clients
- Receive tools and techniques to better manage your time, plan and organize your priorities, and develop goals and objectives to improve performance
- Master the 8-step planning process
- Ensure that everyone in the organization is aligned, accountable, and contributing equally to the firm’s growth and success
- Receive tools to help you develop strategic plans with each of your employees for better performance evaluation and review capabilities; develop each professionally
- Define and align performance goals – ensure continuous improvement and bottom-line impact
- Implement the 8-step delegation process
- Gain insights and knowledge about how to become more decisive and effective as a leader
October 30, 2019
Improving Communication & Building Collaboration
When you meet with customers and colleagues, it’s helpful to be aware of your communication strengths and weaknesses. You might run little risk of offending anyone, but you tend to have difficulty being honest and conveying your message. Or, you might hold things in and complain about situations to non-involved parties. Either way, these tendencies build frustration, and likely show up in less than professional behavior and often at the wrong times.
This session will help you influence outcomes and create cooperation through diplomatic and tactful communication. As a result of attending, you will appreciate that standing up for yourself, when done effectively, does not offend others; rather, it strengthens your professional relationships and enables each of you to achieve positive results. In today’s increasingly diverse and multigenerational workforce, the ability to build relationships requires empathy and relational skills more than ever.
Session to include:
- Successful Leadership through Improved Collaborative Strengths
- Build High-Quality Relationships through Improved Communication Skills
- Developing Your Conflict Resolution Skills
Learn how to:
- Discover your communication strengths, and areas that can be strengthened
- Get people to open up to you
- Identify ways to build rapport and gain respect
- Develop strategies to foster a kinder, gentler you, and work environment
- Develop flexibility in your communication style
- Think strategically about communication
- Pre-assess the intent of your messages against the outcomes desired
- Have more confidence
- Be perceived more positively
- Improve leadership presence
- Improve public speaking
- Communicate more effectively
- Get and give feedback by communicating clearly and with impact
- Control your “hot buttons” and respond instead of react
- Present yourself in a powerful way without intimidating others
- Deal assertively and diplomatically with difficult situations
- Improve morale and make it a more positive work environment
- Build your image as a strong and fair-minded leader
November 13, 2019
Getting Results Faster through Influencing Others
Leaders constantly face high-stakes influence conversations that can make or break a deal, sale, or relationship with a new client. Unfortunately, many leaders rush into high-stakes meetings using their default communication/influence style without knowing that different approaches work better in different situations, or they don’t have a clear outcome in mind, or they don’t have a clear approach. As a result, they ramble, or the meeting goes sideways, or they fail to have the impact they intended.
Session to include:
- Building Your Powerbase
- Making Networking More Effective
- Powerful Approaches to Influencing Others
Learn how to:
- Improve what might be one’s most important relationship in a role (one’s manager)
- Gain more visibility to the leadership within an organization
- Strengthen key relationships across the organization, making it easier to get things done
- Build strong relationships and large opportunities outside the organization
- Better determine whether or not to attend a networking event – network with a purpose
- Build meaningful connections and build your network
- Remove barriers to building strong professional relationships in one’s professional life
- Be more influential with others
- Have more impact
- Gain more agreement and cooperation with others
- Inspire confidence and trust by establishing credibility
- Influence others even when you don’t have authority
- Deal effectively with challenging individuals
- Persuade others to your way of thinking
- Learn 10 approaches to influencing others
- Translate influence into increased sales, closed accounts, and gained revenue
Event Cancellation & Refund Policy
Mosaic Business Consulting LLC reserves the right to refuse/cancel registrations. If Mosaic Business Consulting LLC refuses a registration, registrants will be offered a refund.
Event Cancellation by Mosaic Business Consulting LLC
Mosaic Business Consulting LLC reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment, inclement weather or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. If Mosaic Business Consulting LLC cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
In the case of inclement weather, Mosaic Business Consulting LLC follows the Buncombe County Government schedule. If an event is cancelled or the location of the event is closed, it will be posted on the Mosaic Business Consulting LLC website and the participants will be notified via email if provided.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a refund for an individual ticket is (7) seven business days before the event.
The deadline to receive a refund for group purchases/tables is (7) seven business days before the event. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event. Cancellations will be accepted in writing only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder. Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number. Refunds will be issued by check.
These above policies apply to all Mosaic Business Consulting LLC events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.
Unless specifically stated on registration materials, on-site registrants are subject to an additional $25.00 administrative fee.
What is included in the Registration Fee?
Cost includes program materials, snacks, and lunch at Montreat College’s satellite office in Asheville, NC.
Why is the first Session more expensive than the rest?
When attending Session #1, you will be required to complete a self-assessment prior to the start of Session #1. This assessment will be conducted by an outside provider and will give you insights regarding your leadership style and increase your leadership capabilities with your team(s). It will be critical to understanding the context and information provided in Session #1.
Will the session be taught in Spanish as well?
All Mosaic Business Consulting programs are taught in English. If you’d like to attend, we ask that you can speak, read, and write English to get the most out of our programs.
How long does the Session last?
Programs run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Why is there a 2-week break between Sessions?
The Leadership Series is offered as a comprehensive four-day program, with one session provided every two weeks. This affords you the opportunity to practice tools, techniques, and gained knowledge focused on one session.
What if I just want to attend one Session?
Participants also are welcome to register for individual one-day sessions.
Will I receive a certificate?
All participants who have attended all four sessions will receive a certificate of completion.
How big are the classes?
To preserve the collegiality and intimacy of the experience, each session has a limited number of participants.
Can I reserve a seat?
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Do you offer discounts?
Discounts are available for groups and past participants in Mosaic Business Consulting’s open enrollment programs. Please email email@example.com for more information on discounts.
For a limited time take advantage of the early bird discount rate for the MBC Leadership Series 2019.
EXTRA $50 OFF session 2,3, and 4 (Coupon can be applied to each course you sign up for) – MBCCOURSE50
For Employees and Faculty of Montreat College contact Mosaic Business Consulting for additional discount.