Companies often need new insights or new approaches to advance their companies and improve performance. Laura’s workshops, training, and seminars have received top ratings from all of her feedback forms.
Laura can provide full- or half-day training workshops to help improve your leader, manager, executive, and team performance.
High-stakes one-on-one influential conversations can mean the success of your company, your ability to get promoted, or to meet your sales targets.
Influencing others in business and management are critical to individual and company success in most industries. Being a leader often requires having strong emotional intelligence in order to work better with your team, build strong relationships with your bosses, and develop meaningful networks of colleagues. This course will provide you with 10 approaches to influencing others to advance your skills and opportunities.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the 10 approaches to influencing others
- Understand the difference between persuasion, influence and manipulation
- Learn how to prepare to influence others and communicate with confidence
- Learn the techniques of how to build rapport and “get off on the right foot”
- Use stories to impact your ability to influence others
- Learn how to hold your ground and set limits
- Develop an action plan for future meetings
Leadership Training – Awakening the Leader in You
This is a series of workshops that would be great for all new leaders! As new leaders, managers, or executives, people often struggle to lead the team effectively, learn all that needs to be known, know what questions to ask and by whom, and make sure that the department, team, or company is performing well. No matter what the challenge is, this series of courses will provide you with a strong foundation of what you need to know and learn so that you can be the best possible leader, starting strong, sustaining great productivity, and getting results.
At the end of this 12 workshop series, you will be able to:
- Improve your leadership skills and abilities
- Assess your strengths and improve your weaker areas
- Improve your efficiency and performance
- Increase your TEAM’s efficiency and performance
- Increase your time management skills
- Improve your TEAM’s time management effectiveness
- Improve your decision-making abilities
- Increase your Emotional Intelligence
- Increase your Collaboration abilities
- Improve your TEAM’s communication and collaboration
- Increase your communication clarity and impact
- Learn how to better influence others
- Improve your conflict resolution skills
- Increase your networking effectiveness
- Build your powerbase
Management Development Skills
This series of workshops will provide insights into the specific elements required of a good manager and then build on these to include the requisite skills so a new manager can learn, or a seasoned manager can grow within their respective roles. These workshops will improve the manager’s ability to become more successful in their role and produce a stronger team.
These workshops can be customized for your company and management team.
At the end of this series, managers will be able to:
- Learn how to better handle a promotion from within the company
- Learn how to better handle being a new manager at a different company
- Understand their team’s dynamics better
- Increase staff relationships/cohesion
- Improve appropriate staff selection
- Increase delegating – to whom, when, what, and how
- Improve their ability to motivate their staff
- Increase and improve planning
- Improve communication
- Improve conflict resolutions skills
- Improve decision-making and problem solving
You want that promotion or raise! You want to negotiate that contract so that you get the best deal. You want to successfully navigate conflicts so that there is a positive resolution. You want to get more people to say “Yes” to your offers. Whether a man or a woman, negotiating is one of the seemingly tricky challenges that we all have to encounter once, or more likely, many times in our lives. Executives in particular have to negotiate large deals or deals with more than one party. Regardless of the circumstances, you want results!
This workshop provides you with the skills, techniques, and insights necessary to be successful in your negotiations with others. This workshop is filled with role-playing and exercises to provide a practical and “real” setting for you to practice and hone your newly found skills.
This workshop will provide you with the ability to:
- Develop strategies for dealing with difficult people or difficult situations
- Increase your awareness of your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator
- Understand the “landscape” in which you are negotiating
- Increase your choices for negotiating
- Improve your negotiating skills both verbally and non-verbally
- Increase your productivity in working with others
- Increase collaboration opportunities
- Maximize the value of your negotiation
Team Development Skills
Is your company experiencing high turnover? Is your team not working well? Do you need help with recruiting talented team members? Have you struggled with developing the team, managing transitions of team members, and improving communication throughout the teams? Are you noticing an increase in conflicts throughout the team? Are you simply not getting enough from the team?
Knowing how to develop leaders of project teams and improve performance and get results is critical to the success of all companies. Leading teams causes frustration for many managers and executives. Some of the reasons that account for this dilemma include: a lack of a clear goal to unclear roles, personality conflicts, unrealistic timelines and budgets, poor communication, and having gaps in the talent needed to succeed. This is especially true for ad hoc teams, which are teams that come together for a period of time and then disband.
This series of workshops will:
- Create a high-performance culture
- Improve goal setting, rules, and setting a course for success
- Make improvements to team efficiency and effectiveness
- Engage and mobilize employees
- Reduce and resolve conflicts
- Improve leadership and management of the team
- Increase and improve communication
- Increase and improve collaboration
- Focus on moving forward
- Improve team attitudes and behaviors
- Improve productivity
- Improve team performance to get better results!
Advancing Women in the Workplace
Consistently, research shows that women start off ahead of men in graduation rates for high school and college. However, after this, women lose ground, earning less on the dollar than men, not receiving raises and promotions at the same rate as men, and not being able to “break through the glass ceiling.” This 4-hour course will provide women with the necessary tools to know what is really happening to women in the workplace, how to remain focused on your plan for advancement, techniques, and skills necessary to negotiate your way to the top and ensure their career success.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Know the landscape of women in the workplace
- Navigate the workplace more effectively
- Develop strategies and a clear plan/vision for your future
- Learn what, where, when, why, how, and with whom to negotiate a raise or promotion
- Increase your effectiveness in advancement
- Learn approaches to influencing others
- Learn specific negotiating strategies and techniques